Thursday, February 11, 2010

When it is cold outside it is warm in my kitchen


Cold outside but warm in my kitchen.I love to cook but hate the clean up.lol But I guess that is normal.Well I am going to do better at sharing stuff on the blog so I thought I would start with some of my favorite recipes.

Here is a new favorite I got from Sarah Pitts.She is a dear church friend and this recipe was a huge hit here in The Allen House.


Ham and Cheese Calzone

Ingredients:

2 cans of Pillsbury pizza crust(thin crust)

1/2 cup fat free sour cream

4 tsp Dijon mustard(Walmart great value works fine:)

1 1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/4 tsp black pepper

6 oz lean deli sliced ham(diced)

4 oz low fat swiss cheese(diced)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 450

Spread dough out on greased baking sheet

Whisk together sour cream, mustard, oregano and pepper.Spread over dough.

Top one half of each with half ham and 1/2 cheese.Fold over and Coat with cooking spray.


Bake 2o mins until golden brown.Let stand 5 mins then divide into thirds.


This is a fast and healthy meal. Yields:6 serving

Weight Watcher Points:7 for a third of it.


Hope all enjoy this as much as we did. I will try to change the inside mix next week and see how it tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment